Monthly Archives: July 2011

 

Tonight I replaced my own text rendering code with calls to DirectX.  Lession: don’t write my own text rendering code unless I really have to, which I didn’t. Over the weekend with what little time I had, I took a … Continue reading

1 Comment

 

I’ve been slowly restructuring the “game engine” that resulted from the making of P&C and ORG.  ORG was based on the P&C code, I just stripped out the P&C specific code which left about half of the total easily reusable.  … Continue reading

Leave a comment

 

This last week I’ve not done a whole lot, unless working counts.  I played a few games of Settlers of Catan online.  I made a little program where I could keep track of who has what resources so I could … Continue reading

Leave a comment

 

This morning I saw someone had a problem with the ORG installer.  I think I know what the problem was, but the real problem is that the auto updater was just too frail.  If anything goes wrong during the update … Continue reading

Leave a comment

 

Since I last posted I played Crusader Kings, and found it very enjoyable.  It inspired me to make this, which is a sort of online “strategic” game that leads to battles which are fought in Mount & Blade.  I don’t … Continue reading

Leave a comment